EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE SENIOR PASTOR
The Executive Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support to the Senior Pastor. Primary duties and responsibilities include over-seeing all aspects of the office of the Senior Pastor. Assures orderly contact between the Pastor and the Members, the Pastor and the American Baptist hierarchy, and the Pastor and the Community. The Executive Assistant is responsible for the efficient running of the Pastor’s office and timely execution of responsibilities. The Executive Assistant remains in constant contact with the Senior Pastor to assure that the needs, directions, and the expectations of the Senior Pastor are met. The Executive Assistant carries out the duties of the position in a professional, friendly, courteous, respectful way and, does so confidentially. The incumbent must demonstrate at all times a telephone and personal presentation that is welcoming to the Senior Pastor’s office and respectful to those who call the Office. The very presence and actions of the Incumbent will convey a person of competence and one whose life and demeanor are representative of a person who is an active member of a Church.
- Performs all duties on a timely basis
- Schedules appointments and maintains the calendar for the Senior Pastor
- Performs secretarial duties
- Assists in providing information and assistance for Workers Council and Church Meetings
- Prepares presentations, spreadsheets and other material as directed
- Attends meetings with and for the Pastor, taking copious notes and assuring follow-up when needed
- Receives and screens incoming calls, taking clear messages and returning calls communicating the responses and requests of the Senior Pastor
- Sets up and maintains filing systems, both electronic and hard copies as needed
- Coordinates travel arrangements for Pastor, including Invitations to preach, attendance at conferences. Prepares documentation required for travel and reimbursement for expenses
- Edits the Church Bulletin on behalf of the Pastor, prior to its publication
- Works with the Chair of the Deacon Board and the Chair of the Trustee Board regularly to alert the Senior Pastor of current issues, for both information and for action if needed
- Assists Ministries in preparing for the Senior Pastor’s presence in conferences and meetings held at Mt. Calvary Baptist Church and other locations. Examples: Workers Council, Church Meeting, Easter Services, and Watch Night Service
- Maintains inventory of supplies for the office of the Senior Pastor.
- Arranges for any services needed to provide for the comfort and cleanliness of the Office and Conference Room which the Senior Pastor occupies
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent Oral, Writing and Communication Skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Office 365
- Proficient database management.
- Excellent organization skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Previous work experience in a church, preferably in a large church
- High School Diploma, Business School Certificate, or minimum of 10 years secretarial or administrative experience.
- Neat in appearance, as a representative of the office of the Senior Pastor
- Proficient in the use of current office equipment and software.
- An active member in a Church
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an accredited college. (A field of expertise is not required. Generally, completion of a college degree signifies the abilities of writing, researching, analyzing, and presenting).
- Experience can be substituted for college graduation.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND BENEFITS
- This is an At-Will position
- The position is Full-time with some option to work virtually
- Confidentiality and decorum in appearance and actions are expected.
- Benefits include leave, optional retirement account
- Compensation ranges up to $43,000.
The position is currently vacant and is expected to be filled in February.
The employment Application can be found here.
Applications may be sent to Elizabeth.Stroud@MtCBC.org