Building Services Manager
Under general supervision of the Building Services Manager, performs building cleaning and facilities maintenance work throughout the Church. In addition, assists in maintaining the security of the building and grounds and the safety of Members and Visitors during assigned shifts.
Applies techniques provided by the Building Services Manager in the proper use of cleaning products and cleaning equipment. Communicates with Church Members and community leaders, carrying out responsibilities based on directions from the Building Services Manager. Cleans the interior and exterior of the building. Operates and maintains custodial care equipment.
- Cleans, vacuums, and sweeps sanctuary, classrooms, offices, multipurpose and other rooms.
- Empties trash baskets.
- Dusts furniture and cleans doors, windows, and trim.
- Removes stains from floors, walls, and glass, strips old wax from it, and applies new wax to floors using hand and power tools.
- Cleans hallways and stairwells.
- Wet mops and buffs floors.
- Cleans lavatories and replaces paper towels and other supplies.
- Washes windows display cases, glass doors, and other fixtures.
- Cleans mirrors.
- Cleans and maintains offices, rooms, kitchen tile, carpet, floor surfaces, and baseboards.
- Cleans and maintains other surfaces such as ceilings, walls, counters, and tabletops, etc.
- Cleans and maintains restrooms.
- Monitors buildings and grounds and reports hazardous or otherwise defective conditions.
- Clears snow from walks and parking lot.
- Paints as appropriate.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Makes simple minor adjustments and repairs to plumbing, electrical, and other building fixtures.
- Assists in moving furniture and other heavy objects between rooms and performs other manual tasks.
- Maintains safe and secure building conditions and appearance.
- Reports maintenance and supply needs.
- Assists in maintaining the security of the building and grounds during assigned work shifts.
- Checks to determine that windows and doors are locked and that no unauthorized individuals are in the building.
- Checks the heating and ventilating of the building and may replace filters in heating and ventilating units.
- Cleans equipment and ensures that equipment is in proper working order.
Physical Demands and Special Requirements:
- Work requires sustained physical effort and involves moving or lifting heavy furniture and equipment.
- Requires sufficient physical strength to lift heavy objects with frequent climbing.
- Required to report to work even during inclement weather.
- Assists with security protocols.
Education and Experience:
High School or GED diploma required. Must have at least three years of relevant experience. A combination of applicable education and experience which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position will be considered.
Employee will be evaluated by the Supervisor on a pre-determined schedule.
Full-time position. FLSA non-exempt. Eligible for overtime, subject to prior approval; health insurance, paid time off, and retirement plan.
At-Will employment (Reference the Employee Handbook).
The salary is $37,440 per year.