This position is the Church Secretary to the Church Administrator and is to assist in the support of the church.
- Direct appropriately all telephone calls, mail, and visitors, with sensitivity given to emergency situations.
- Answer questions and provide information about Church programs.
- Order supplies as directed and maintain the supply inventory on a cost-conscious basis.
- Develop and implement efficient office procedures and systems to meet workflow demands.
- Develop and implement procedures to maintain church records in electronic and hard copy formats, with emphasis given to easy retrieval of information. Keep office files in order and ready for quick retrieval.
- Oversee inventory and maintenance of all office equipment. Ensure that all office equipment is kept in good condition and that other authorized users are properly trained on the use of the equipment.
- Analyze office equipment needs. Make recommendations to the Church Administrator for equipment purchases.
- Coordinate and maintain a list of volunteers for office support approved by the Church Administrator.
- Prepare the Church Bulletin and programs.
- Coordinate with the armored services for pickup and drop off of church resources.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Church report.
- Coordinate use of the Church facilities and ensure the Agreement for Use has been property completed.
- Maintain the Church membership database.
- Clerically assists the following ministries as directed by the Church Administrator.
- Maintain inventory of records included in the safe deposit box.
- Process employee payroll as directed by the Church Administrator.
- Maintain confidential personnel records (paper and electronic files). Each transaction should be maintained in the files.
- Provide copies of administration information to all new hires.
- Conduct the onboarding of new employees, coordinating with the Personnel Committee.
- Coordinate information with Pastors, Boards, and Ministry Teams.
- Produce weekly worship bulletin and coordinate volunteer production.
- Assist in the production of the Church newsletter.
- Proofread and edit communications.
- Notify organizations when sickness/death occurs among the membership, under guidance from the Pastor or his Executive Assistant.
- Maintain archives to include legal documents, deeds, minutes, policies and procedures, events, budgets, etc.
- Post and maintain room assignments for the entire Church, for meetings and events scheduled on the premises.
- Keep the church calendar updated.
- Attend and take notes of meetings as requested by the Church Administrator.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Church Administrator.
General Responsibilities and Professional Expectations:
- In addition to normal responsibilities, the Church Secretary is a member of a team dedicated to Christian service and shall therefore seek at all times to conduct her/himself in such a way that would be pleasing to the Lord.
- Due to the confidential nature of the work of the Church Secretary in support of the Church Administrator, it is absolutely essential that the Church Secretary respect these confidences.
- The Church Secretary is not expected to perform secretarial services for any church member, church officer, or ministry team/committee member unless such work is authorized in advance by her supervisor. Requests for such services must be made to the Church Administrator by the church member, church officer, and ministry team or committee member. Such duties may be performed only as time and resources permit and do not impact the ongoing work of the incumbent.
- Since the clerical tasks of the Church Secretary are composed of many diverse dements, flexibility and cooperation in working with others is required at all times.
- The Church Secretary shall adhere to Church approved guidelines as set forth in the Constitution and By-laws, the Personnel Handbook, and other documented policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Able to operate complex office equipment to include: computers, copier machines, scanners, etc.
- Demonstrated efficiency in Microsoft Teams, Word, Publisher, and other software in frequent administrative use are essential.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills with good interpersonal skills are expected.
- Good judgment, commitment to confidentiality, and sound discretion are required for this position.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
This position is designated as Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) exempt. As such, the payment of overtime is not authorized. As needed, the Church Administrator may authorize, in advance, compensatory time-off, for work time.
Send your Letter of Interest and your Resume to Personnel@MtCBC.org.
Open until filled.