Case Manager provides overall support in developing housing plans for a total of eight families moving out of homelessness.
If you have a passion for helping others in your community and are looking for a new challenge in your career, we would love to chat with you! Helping Hands Shelter is looking for coworkers to join us who:
- Have experience working in human services
- Align with our mission, vision, and values as a non-profit organization
- Love to work collaboratively with their team
- Are looking for a full-time role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct assessment to identify families’ needs, strengths, and barriers
- Develop comprehensive housing plans indicating interventions necessary to obtain housing
- Establish and maintain weekly meetings to set client goals and implement strategies to meet goals
- Track and document progress on goals
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date record for each client according to agency and DHHS requirements
- Network with the community service providers and other partner agencies to locate necessary resources to assist families
- Assist in processing housing applications and lease agreements with landlords
- Participate in program meetings and training as scheduled
- Input client data into Homeless Management Information System using the Homeless (HMIS) database
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in the field of Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Sociology or Related Field.
- At least 2 years of work experience providing clinical or case management services to the homeless population or low-income persons, or to a population with mental health, substance abuse, or co-occurring disorders.
- Licensed Professional. Minimum of three years of experience in social services or related field.
- Hands-on experience in the social and human services field dealing with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures of case management.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures in working with addiction and dual diagnosis populations.
- Must be capable to provide assistance with or refer to services for employment skills, housing location, vocational training, and/or financial counseling.
- Ability to negotiate and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Advocate for the homeless population.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background screening.
Send your Letter of Interest and your Resume to Personnel@MtCBC.org.
Open until filled.